Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

First lesson...

Today I learned that no matter how many times I watch my little boy get wheeled into the OR, it hurts. Watching him roll away into the hands of strangers makes my heart skip and tears fill my already soaked eyes. We are back in the hospital for some stomach bug, which is just taking a long time for him to get over. I'll explain some other day all the reasons why. A brief background- we are regulars in the hospital. My son lived the first 14 months of his life in the hospital. Now we do visits as needed. We have started this year with a lot of visits. Makes me sad and stresses me out, because it makes a long list of things that are not getting done. Bills to pay, house to clean, everyday living to do. All on hold. My husband is also here with me around the clock and that too makes for stressful days. Little C is a handful at 2 1/2 and it works better with 2 people, just makes for sleepless nights and long days. Little C is truly my reason. My mission in life- to make his life the best it can be. That is a challenge some days. My abilities are not without limits and my body very tired. So hoping tomorrow will be without event and answers discovered. Helps my head if I can see homeward-bound in the near future.
C

No comments: