Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

pumpkins, pumpkins, pumpkins...

My favorite part of fall is getting to pick out pumpkins. I love decorating with them! They are inexpensive and with a little paint and creativity, they can really add lots of character to your home.
I decided polka dots were the way to go this year!

Photobucket

After diggin out an old polka dot stencil kit and some high gloss black paint, I was in business. I tend to "over-do" the polka dots, so my mom says. So I used the large tool and spaced them accordingly!
Then, I added my signature "C" to make them personal!

Photobucket

I added the willow garland I grabbed from the Christmas Stuff
and added a little flower pik from an old wreath.

Photobucket

To get the pumpkins to stack, I did have to cut the stem pretty much down to nothing, but I didn't have to use any type of stakes to make them stack. The garland also helped sort of "tie" the two together.

Photobucket

I have to admit, I LOVE them and my pumpkins are the talk of the neighborhood!
Gosh, what will I do next year?

Photobucket

don't pumpkins just make you smile?


happy fall!


2 comments:

ragamuffinbeauties said...

Ohh you are so lucky you don't live here...I would have totally jacked this under the cover of night! Love ya'll!

Karen Owens said...

You are so stikin creative!!!!!